- Woodland Hills
- Full Time
Date Listed: April 04, 2023
Programming and supporting CNC operations including interfaces with engineering, planning and scheduling. Creates CNC lathe and mill programs from 3D models developed by in house engineering team.
- Supports machinists running 9 mills and 6 lathes
- Develops and writes programs for numerically controlled machines using engineering specifications and drawings
- Analyzes engineering drawings to define configuration of parts and determine type and sequence of machine operations
- Develops programs for machining parts, tools, or sheet metal on numerically controlled machine tools
- Makes proper cutter selections for each part, taking into consideration such factors as speeds, types of cutters, feeds, and control system limitations
- Selects program routines for the most efficient computer calculation of dimensional and machining requirements for each part
- Tests and modifies existing parts programs for engineering changes or program improvements
- Develops solutions to technical problems of limited scope, and completion of routine technical tasks
- Maintain a neat and organized workstation as per health and safety standards
- At least 7-10+ years of programming complex lathe and mill machine parts
- MasterCam X9 or higher programming proficiency needed along with 5 axis knowledge
- Pro engineer/Creo Cad/Cam experience would be a plus
- Ability to read and follow instructions including blueprints
- Knowledge of CNC machinery operations and set-up.
- Knowledge of tooling, fixtures and measuring equipment.
- Knowledge of geometry and trigonometry concepts.
- Strong interpersonal skills to cooperate and work effectively with others
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good leadership skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work to close tolerances.
- Ability to remain flexible towards changes in scheduled duties on a daily basis.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 20 pounds, with occasional lifts of 50 pounds.
- Understanding of health and safety requirements relating CNC operations
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
This position works standard business hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary Range: $30.00 - $35.00/ per hour