Camera Service Technician
- New York, NY
- Full Time
Date Listed: October 24, 2023
Service equipment to the required standards of safety, functionality, and presentation to meet rental schedules. Follow departmental procedures in an effective, efficient, and productive manner with the minimum amount of direct supervision. This position falls under Local 210.
- Perform Service checks of Digital Cameras and some of their Accessories
- Examine, clean, test and perform basic adjustments of equipment within a specified time. Adjust equipment to client specifications where necessary.
- Disassemble equipment where necessary for thorough examination
- Identify problems with equipment and determine appropriate action: minor repair in-house, refer to senior Technician for repair, or send out to vendor for repair.
- Maintain detailed documentation of serviced equipment for accurate inventory counts and damage/repair processes.
- Digital Cameras include:
- Panavision Millennium DXL
- Arri Alexa Mini, LF Mini, 35
- Sony Venice, Venice 2
- Mirrorless Shutter Cameras
- Camera Accessories include:
- Field Monitors
- Onboard Monitors
- Monitor Carts
- Digital Media and Media Readers
- Respective Cables
- Assist in the daily transfer of equipment from Logistics to Service, and Service to Inventory.
- Use proprietary systems and information to prioritize which equipment needs to be serviced to meet rental schedules.
- Notify management of inventory shortages so that complete kits can always be available.
- Maintain a working inventory of hardware and replacement parts.
- Assist Clients and Staff with technical questions and issues.
- Learn and adapt with new technological trends and equipment
- Other tasks and assignments as required.
- Ability to maintain high performance standards and output under strict time constraints
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proper use of hand tools
- Basic understanding of camera theory
- Basic knowledge of electronics, basic knowledge of mechanical repair procedures, and working knowledge of blueprints, parts lists, and schematics.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge of common camera rental practices
- General working knowledge of Panavision’s equipment and inventory
- Clear understanding of set call procedures and etiquette
- Ability to remain flexible toward change
Health & Safety Requirements:
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
This job operates in a warehouse environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee may also be required to lift product or equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Prompt and regular attendance is required, employees are expected to begin work at the start of their scheduled shift and to complete their assigned work shift according to the responsibilities of their position.
This position works standard business hours, but may require long hours and some weekend work.
Some out-of-state/country and overnight travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Salary Range: Min $20.00 Max $25.00 per hour